Friday, July 02, 2010

50 State Summary

I thought I would wrap up our 50 State tour with a summary of our travels. We have done and seen some amazing historical sites, 26 state capitals, natural features, and breathtaking views.

2006 Disney World - 2,611 Miles
2006 St Louis - 1,729 Miles
2007 Carolina Coast - 2,576 Miles
2007 NorthEast - 4,560 Miles
2008 Hawaii - 7,920 Miles
2008 North - 3,745 Miles
2009 NorthWest - 5,214 Miles
2010 Alaska - 7,748 Miles

Totals: 36,103 Miles - 50 States!!

You can use the archive links on the lower right to see our previous posts on these trips.

Thanks to everyone who supported our travels. It is satisfying when the kids mention they have been to all the states and the positive response from people. Many of the people we told went off to count their totals. I cannot be more proud of our kids. They did so good on the car and plane (Hawaii, Alaska) trips. Their encouragement keep me going in planning such aggressive trips. I also have to give special thanks to Shelley. She became quite an expert on packing/unpacking. Thanks to her we were always prepared. She also was great in sanity checking the landmarks and routes we were trying to enjoy along the way. This was definitely a family activity.

Shane

No comments: